20070118

spilling beans, guts, and crying over milk.

Wow. It's been quite awhile. This is what happens: I always want to post, I really do, and I have good ideas to focus on, and then I go to blog, and I'm just not feeling it. What is below is quite scattershot as a result.


[Why is it "blog" and not some other portion of "weblog". Weblo is kind of taken - it's too close to Webelo. If younger boy scouts are Webelos, why are younger girl scouts Brownies and not Shebelos? ...Yeah, you're right, that doesn't sound good. Nix that.]


Anyway. Quite a bit has happened since last post. First off, I'm engaged now, to my lovely and darling K. I'll spare the whole proposal story, since it will make some people vomit, but suffice it to say, it was cute and creative, I think. Somebody recently told me that I'm an exceptional person and that she's lucky. I argued and said that I'm not exceptional, but if I am, it's because K makes me that way. You can now proceed to gag yourself, I know. But it's true.


Things you might not know about me:
1. If I'm not feeling right, I sometimes imagine myself as other people whom I think are normal and confident. It's weird and I don't know if other people do that. But I think there's a name for that behavior. It works, though.
2. I am writing screenplays. Plural. No, I can't tell you what they're about. Yes, I might be able to let you read them when I feel like they're done. One is about 70% done, I'd guess. The other two are in the beginning stages. One of those I've decided to co-write with my best friend Ryan. But he's going to Kenya again soon, so, y'know, who knows.


That's an old, funny picture of Ryan. Check out the bolo tie.

3. I sleep with my socks on. No, my feet don't smell as a result. The odd part of that is that I hate it if I get too warm. But the socks stay on.
4. I am starting to like watching crime shows on CourtTV where they show interrogation footage of the people who are guilty, because you can see how liars act.


I am kind of at a crossroads professionally, I guess. I love what I do. And I knew going into this that it's not a field where you're raking in huge paychecks. But it is incredibly frustrating to know that my bachelor's degree in chemistry could net me a lab technician job where I'd be making more than I will be once I graduate with my master's. In fact, I've thought of several things that I could be doing right now, no master's, that would be more lucrative. Not that it's all about money. It isn't. It's about knowing that you're going to be comfortable.


So, dear reader, in what direction should this blog go? What do you want to hear about? Movies? (A movie a day?) TV? Work? Poker? Random shit? Music? Please, tell me. Otherwise, I'm just going to babble.


1 comment:

Rog said...

I sleep with my socks on as well, but only on cold wintry nights.

I think you should take the blog in a poker/movie/work direction. Kinda like Rounders meets Pentimento (but I guess the film version of that was Julia, wasn't it?)
How about Dracula Rising? "...Theresa, an artist and art conservator, accepts an assignment in an unnamed Eastern European country..."